- Published on 17 January, 2021
Corona update Austria
In the recent press conference, Chancellor Sebastian Kurz announced that the hard lockdown in Austria will be extended until February 7. Various measures are also being tightened up. From February 8, Kurz hopes that the first relaxation of the measures can take place in Austria. However, the restaurants and hotels do not yet fall under the relaxation.
The hotels and restaurants establishments cannot open again until the end of February at the earliest. More publicity will be given about this in mid-February. Tourism will therefore not be possible in Austria for the time being. For the time being, the strict rules of the Austrian lockdown will still be in force, with some rules being tightened. There was a distance rule of one meter, which is now being adjusted to two meters. Wearing an FFP2 mask will be mandatory in several places. This type of mouth mask was already mandatory in the ski lifts. It is expected that Austria will be able to implement the first relaxation from 8 February, such as opening schools and hairdressers.
Corona update France
In France, there is currently still a hard lockdown. Below we list the main measures currently in force in France:
- Since January 16, the curfew in France has been brought forward. There is now a curfew from 6:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- Face masks are mandatory everywhere, even outside in busy areas.
- The shops are open.
- Working at home remains mandatory, provided this is possible.
- Hotels may open, but the hotel catering industry is closed and only room service is possible.
- Tourism is currently not allowed in France. It is also not possible to travel to France as a tourist. Only necessary travel is allowed.
- Restaurants, cafes, museums, cinemas, gyms and ski areas (the lifts are closed) will remain closed for the time being.